Friday, February 17, 2012

...February, month of despair...

I don't usually mind the rain so much, nor the cold, but this February has been ridiculously grey, cold and more grey and cold. No one has described this winter month better than Margaret Atwood in her poem "February". She says, it is a "...month of despair,..." and a "Time to eat fat and watch hockey." which I have also done these past 17 days. I know far more about the Canucks than I normally do, and have eaten far more bacon than usual.
For inspiration, instead of looking in the usual spots, like the tropics, I thought I would take a closer look at my gorgeous city, Vancouver!! I love to check out one of the most inspiring areas in town - Main St!!
 Vancouver Special! A favourite amongst
those who love Bauhaus and mid century modern design.

I love these Pinocchio rugs by Hay! and these wonderfully coloured dot blankets! I tend to lean toward all things cozy and warm these days.
Well, this is a start. And since my Canucks app tells me the Canucks aren't playing tonight I best put the skillet on!

No comments:

Post a Comment